Following the federal government easing of restrictions on in-person teaching in Swiss universities as of Monday, 19 April and the University of Geneva’s subsequent guidelines on this, we are happy to confirm that the SDG Solution Space is now partially open to our partners, students and other collaborators.
The SDGSS is open at a maximum of 30 % capacity in compliance with Canton of Geneva’s public-health measures (max. 30 people).
- During this period of restricted reopening, it is vital to respect the rules set by the University and Canton of Geneva for wearing masks of proper quality (surgical masks), disinfecting your hands regularly and your workplace, maintaining social distance at all times and places.
- Clean up any food and drink after yourself and disinfect work areas.
- If you have not done so already, please install and activate the SwissCovid app.
- If you feel that someone is not respecting the sanitary rules, whether a student, UNIGE staff, or external partner, please do not hesitate to tell them so directly. If this doesn’t help, please let a GTI staff member. Serious or repeated breaches of health security measures will not be tolerated, and may lead to access to the SDG Solution Space being revoked.
- When sitting at the same desk island or kitchen table with another person, make sure to maintain the 1.5m distance at all times.
- Consider opening a window when you are in the smaller meeting areas, and close again before leaving. When you are the last person to leave the space, please check that all windows and doors are properly closed.
- Priority in the Fablab is for people using the machines, and requires requesting badge access rights.
- Given that we have several student cohorts as well as partners from our SDG ecosystem who may want to use the SDG Solution Space, we anticipate periods when there will be more people than there is available room.
- So please don’t reserve more than a week in advance or block book the space for long periods, and remember to inform ahead of time if you cancel your plans to come to the space.
- Yet to register for vaccination? You can do so through this link https://ge.covid-vaccin.ch/
We look forward to welcoming all our partners to the innovation hub that grows our community!